All 17 art Reviews

Entering the Dream Entering the Dream

This is a great piece of work.

Speedpaint #1 Speedpaint #1

That's awesome, the mask looks really great with the translucent glass effect. Probably the best piece I've seen from you, tbh. Great composition, pose, shape, color scheme, textures, and graphical flourishes.

1 1

Very nice.

Monolysk Monolysk

The monolith itself looks pretty amazing.

I-smel responds:

Funny story it's mostly done in 3DSMax and then pasted in. I figured I could model it better than I could digital-paint it.

Which is good cos now I can just use the model in-game.

Atmosphere Atmosphere

Awesome, the red in the space looks great and the green light. I'd tone down the soft brushes. Everything is blurry, so there's no focus. Smudging is fine for the base layer to get local color and form lighting, but then you gotta add the direct lighting and the hard deets. Save the blur for deliberate depth of field to push stuff back in the composition. You'd think the surface of earth would be smudged from this distance, but if you find a good photo, shit be sharp and high contrast.

I-smel responds:

What makes the earth look smudged is that there was a green layer of basically aurora borealis across it, but I wasn't confident in how it looked and faded the transparency down a lot. So I guess the foggy green just makes the ground look blurry.

Yeah this is too blurry, and that's my lack of knowledge (or practice) in making smart compositions. It's also cos I tried to draw the earth in like 3 different states in one image.
Like for example: orange lights should only really be seen like that if the rest of it's in pitch darkness. And green waves only really happen over white snow- so I should've just picked one thing and visualized it properly instead of having a million layers.

Planet Buster 2 Planet Buster 2

Nice!

The Revenge of El Dorobo The Revenge of El Dorobo

The background is beautiful! Nice atmospheric perspective.
Wild colors and the reflected light is cool. Well done!

PUNCHgunner! [working title] PUNCHgunner! [working title]

Look good man, I'll PM you some crits. ;)

Summer on duty Summer on duty

Nice painting, dawg.

omg thanx switch

Blood Shade Blood Shade

Yeaaaah

Amazing man.
Good stuff. I love some Warhammer action, but this would be awesome even without the connection.